I got this fantastic idea from Pinterest, and made some as decorations for the holiday season. Even though it took a while, it was definitely worth it.
- Ruler, compass, and protractor (or Turtledesk template)
- Cut out 13-14 circles varying in size (however, if you are planning to make this project, you can use however many you need). My biggest circle ended up being approximately 3 inches wide, while my smallest circle was approximately 1 inch wide.
- Make 12 cuts per circle, about halfway toward the center of the circle (if you are using the template, cut to the line). Make sure they are equal distance apart; otherwise, the leaves will be uneven.
- Curl the leaves inward. This step took the longest for me. Toward the end, the circles were so small I ended up using a wire bender/clamp to do this. I was originally going to use glue or tape to hold the cones together; however, I soon found that if the paper was thick enough (I used cardstock), it would hold pretty well without any adhesive materials.
- Finally, glue a paper cone, or even better, a lucky star on top. Instructions for making a lucky star can be found here. Enjoy!