Hey there! Happy 4th, for those of you living in the United States! Can you believe it’s already July?! Today I dug up a few graphic design pieces I created a while ago, which are based on a few popular desserts: cupcakes, soft-serve ice cream, and macaroons. Cupcakes and ice cream are definitely among my personal favorites. Although I am not a big fan of macaroons, they are very fun to draw!
Using the powerful Adobe Draw, I was able to create simplistic designs with layers and a variety of cool brushes. Mmm, writing this post is making me crave an ice cream cone right now!
Happy new year to all! Can you believe it’s already 2018?! Now is the time to look back on our accomplishments in 2017 and plan for the year ahead. Well, for the new year I’ve decided to share a fun graphic design piece with you all. I haven’t done much graphic design recently, so it felt good to start doodling again! I also have a few new year’s resolutions that I hope I’ll be able to carry out this year:
- Don’t procrastinate
- Think outside the box
- Post more often
- Believe in your abilities
What are your new year’s resolutions? Thanks for stopping by!
Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
If you’re like me, you are a huge pushover for quotes. You love them so much, you even own a collection of pencils engraved with inspirational sayings. (On second thought, I might be the only extreme quotelover here.) Anyways, these pencils have become quite dear to me, and since I haven’t published much graphic design recently, I’ve (finally) decided to dedicate a post to them. The above design is based on a few of my favorites! You can find similar pencils at The Happiness Planner.
Some quotes to inspire you:
- Think happy thoughts
- Work hard play hard
- Love yourself
- Follow your dreams
- Make it happen
- Escape the ordinary
Rules of the Award
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer 7 questions asked by your nominator
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like and inform them of the nomination
- Ask your nominees 7 questions
Another first for me! Thank you Cherylene, author of Living vs Existing, for this nomination—a blogger who is real neat in every way. She writes excellent poetry and posts on various topics, such as health and wellness, everyday life, and simply thinking out loud. Make sure you stop by her blog and leave a like or a comment!
My Questions Answered
- Name your 3 favorite foods. Curry, burritos, and chocolate ice cream. Need there be further explanation?
- Do you prefer watching sports or playing sports? It depends on the sport. My two favorite sports to play are volleyball and tennis, but I most enjoy watching basketball and football.
- Would you choose a vacation in Hawaii or Alaska? Why? I’d love to visit both, but if I had to choose one, I’d probably visit Hawaii—there’s so much color everywhere! Although I’m sure Alaska is just as pretty.
- If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to? I would travel back 13.7 billion years to the Big Bang (sheltered in a Bang-proof spaceship, of course) and witness the creation of our universe.
- What has been your biggest challenge? Overcoming writer’s block. Often I take quite a while to figure out what to write about, and then end up changing my mind and writing about something completely different. There are so many stories I’ve started and haven’t finished!
- Something you miss the most from childhood? Comic books! My favorite is the Calvin and Hobbes series—all of their little schemes are so funny and genius and are guaranteed make me laugh.
- What does a perfect day look like to you? I start the day off with a good, hearty breakfast. Then I visit the library and check out all of the books I’ve been meaning to check out for months. After getting some exercise and blogging a little, I spend time with my family for the rest of the day, maybe watch a movie or play a game after dinner. Then I get my ideal 9 hours of sleep and wake up the next morning feeling refreshed. Yay!
There are so many bloggers I’d love to nominate—the list would probably fill quite a few pages. Therefore, I am going to break the rules and nominate all of you! If you’d like to do this award, please feel free! If not, no worries—just keep being the real neat person you are!
My Questions for Nominees
- If you could have one conversation with anyone in the world, who would it be with?
- What is your spirit animal?
- What have you created that you are most proud of?
- Which three words best describe you?
- Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
- If you could pick a new first name, what would it be?
- What are you most thankful for?
Design is so simple, that’s why it’s so complicated.
Hello everyone! Hope your week has been going well. Today I was experimenting with wave patterns, and came up with Bump, Twirl, Hop, and Swoop. All four designs were made with circles and a blue monochromatic color scheme. My favorite is Swoop—I love how simple it is!
Also, I am excited to announce that Turtledesk is offering free logo design for a limited time! If you’re interested, please let me know via the contact page. I will be happy to help you out!
The face is the mirror of the mind, and eyes without speaking confess the secrets of the heart.
Hello dear readers! Hope your week has been going well. Sorry I haven’t posted in a while—the past couple of weeks have been so busy! I am excited to share this one with you, even though eyes are not my specialty. I decided to give them a try anyway—and found that they were actually quite fun to draw (especially the lashes, although they were definitely the hardest part)! I was debating whether or not to color the iris, but eventually decided to leave them black and white. What do you think? Any feedback is welcome!
Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to remain silent.
Can you feel the beat? These octopi certainly can! I wonder, are they jamming to the same tune?