Here is a sweet little DIY to embellish your door throughout the season. I know I haven’t posted any DIY projects for over two months, but I thought I’d post this one—it goes right along with spring, and is an easy project I especially enjoyed making.
- Paper plate
- Scissors and/or craft knife
- Patterned paper (or scrapbooking paper)
- Liquid glue
- Cut out the center of the paper plate. The plate I used had an outlined center, which provided a really convenient guideline. If you happen to have a craft knife, it definitely makes things easier.
- Prepare the paper! I used scrapbooking paper, but any type of paper should work. Measure and cut strips approx. 5″ long and 0.5″ wide. With a 7″ diameter paper plate, you’ll need about 30 strips.
- Wrap and tape (or glue) each strip to the back of the plate to make ovals around the paper plate frame. Try to keep the oval diameters as consistent as possible.
- Now for the bow. First, wrap a short piece of ribbon around the bottom of the wreath and hold it in place with glue on the back. I used a 7/8″ wide ribbon, which worked out quite well. Slip another piece of ribbon (maybe a foot long) underneath the first, and tie a bow. Ta-da!